So, I was looking through drafts of posts that I had started and never actually posted, and deleting most of them, when this one caught my fancy.
Have I mentioned that I’m in a weird mood this week?
A Christmas Meme
1. Apple cider, Eggnog, or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate, definitely
2. Turkey or Ham? I almost hate to say this, but last year: neither. We had homemade, make-your-own pizzas on Christmas day….yum.
3. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Growing up, Santa did not wrap. Each kid’s stocking and Santa presents were displayed in a chair. When my husband was growing up, Santa always wrapped. After we had kids we decided to go with wrapping the Santa gifts. Santa uses a special paper featuring himself, all the other presents are in other kinds of paper.
4. Colored lights or white on the tree? Inside on the tree: can be both. Outside: has to be white.
5. Do you get a fake or real-you-cut-it-yourself Christmas tree? We switched to fake several years ago. I miss the smell of a real tree, but not the dripping needles, potential fire hazard, or the fact that I was allergic to the sap.
6. Favorite Christmas song? Only one? White Christmas — Bing Crosby.
7. How do you feel about Christmas movies? Some are OK. Some are not worth my time. Absolute favorites are White Christmas and Holiday Inn…
8. What is your favorite holiday dish? Broken Glass Salad — Grandma used to make it, her mom used to…now it’s my job. Four different colors of jello, mixed up with a Cool Whip/gelatin mixture, topped with crushed Nilla wafers (that have been mixed with more sugar and butter…) Yum. But why are Jello dishes called Salad???
9. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music? Any time before December 1st. I love Christmas music, but give me a break, already!
10. What is your favorite holiday smell? Fresh baked peanut butter cookies.
11. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? When I was 7. Older boys at school.
12. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree? All kinds of stuff. Homemade, store bought, old, new….
13. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas Day? New jammies on Christmas Eve, everything else Christmas Morning.
14. Go to someone else’s house or they come to you? Depends. We’ve gone to Florida to see my Dad, we’ve stayed home, we’ve gone over to relatives, we’ve had family come to us….
15. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Does anybody actually answer receiving?
OK, that was fun to reread. Anyone else? LOL