Well, that adds some color

But gee, looks like I still need to spend some quality time hanging things up on my pegboard.

That quilt is my Blooming Nine Patch (B9P) from this past spring.  Did I ever tell you that the judges thought I needed to work on my fabric choice in order to have the fabrics flow together better?  Or something like that.  Judges comments are so subjective.  In terms of a strictly by the book B9P, yes there probably is too much contrast between my fabrics.  But you know waht?  I don’t care.  Love the quilt, love how it turned out, love my fabric choices.  SO there.

Tonight, I have two vastly different customer service experiences to report on:

Sign company number 1

Visited store to talk about what I want, take pictures of front, blah blah blah, work on the artwork, get an estimate and get back to me.  It’ll be 2 weeks or so to actually get the sign done once everything’s approved and we have a permit.

Off on vacation, checking e-mail occasionally, thinking I’ll hear something, plus I have my cell phone.  Nothing.  For several weeks.

Finally, I e-mailed last week asking for an update.  Days later, “Artwork is done, it’s with the estimator.”

Haven’t heard anything since, don’t have time to babysit and ask every other day what’s going on.

Sign Company Number 2

E-mail them on Thursday.  They respond asking for more information on Sunday (and apologies that they hadn’t gotten back to me sooner, they are short-handed with summer vacations).  Send them logo and exactly what I want on the sign.

Monday, get an e-mail with artwork to approve, which is perfect, exactly what I want.

Tuesday morning, call to place order.  Phone call later to check on the color of the red in the logo.

Tuesday late afternoon get call that sign can be picked up on Wednesday, and by the way, we think it needs a third grommet in the center is it OK if we add it?

I haven’t actually SEEN the sign yet, but unless they are completely incompetent, it ought to be awesome.

I’m debating about whether to call/e-mail the first guy back and tell him he blew it, or to just wait until he finally gets back to me with is estimate.  I have a suspicion that my little sign wasn’t “big” enough for him.   I may wait, just to see how long it does take him.  And then I’ll have the last laugh.

Sheesh, how’d it get to be midnight?  I’d better head for bed.