Is it Friday yet?
Saturday was fun, and quite busy. For not knowing what I was doing, I think it went pretty well. Lots of cool checkbook and calendar covers were made. I meant to take pictures of some of them, but what I should have done was given the camera to one of my helpers and have THEM take pictures. Duh.
Yesterday was nice and quiet (lots of sewing machine bonding time….wheee!). The boys are a little under the weather, so they just kinda laid around the house (watching football, reading about football, thinking about football…) while I sewed and Mark farmed. Last night, I decided to give Will some cough medicine to help him sleep. I was digging around in the bathroom cabinets looking for it, and after I’d given him some, I turned around to leave the bathroom.
And ran smack into the upper cabinet door I had left open. Merciful Zeus did that hurt. And I have a great big lump on my forehead to show for it. I didn’t know whether I should be laughing or crying and did quite a bit of both.
Needless to say, I decided to just give the day up for lost and crawled into my bed with a book.
1. Recover from aformentioned head injury.
2. Work on the patch for Mark’s jacket sleeve. That’s a sort-of-funny story for another time (after the patch is done).
3. Cut out strips for teacher’s Christmas gift quilts. Yes, I’m one of those Moms, that gives really nice Christmas gifts to the teachers. Heck, they put up with my children every day for an entire school year, I think it’s the least I could do for them. And look! It’s only October and I’m actually contemplating working on them!
4. Paperwork. Yuck.
5. Figure out where I’m at with machine quilting jobs. Everything came to a standstill last week with the prep for the Gals and Pals event.
6. Pictures and scans of some new stuff in the shop that need to go on the website!
Considering the fact that it’s (a) Monday and (b) I’ve already spilled some pop (I filled the cup too high before putting on the lid) and (c) I have this HEAD injury, I’m guessing I won’t get any of the list accomplished. But a girl can dream, right?