I decided that it is MY project, and if I want to change my mind, I surely can. So, I have abandoned my tree idea for the time being, and just picked another letter of the alphabet for my February Journal quilt.
I made a postcard a couple of days ago that was black with pink and green charms on it. I decided to expand that into a larger piece and this is what I came up with:
I quilted the background fabric on my longarm. The four charms were made individually and then I attached them with invisible nylon thread. It had originally intended that the "O"s would both be buttons, and the "X"s would be beads, but I realized that i would be more interesting to try to come up with different ways to represent the hugs and kisses. The bottom "O" is actually a tiny mirror that I glued in place and then surrounded with beads. What I really should have done was used beads to create a "cage" for the mirror, but I wasn’t up to that today.
Both photos are clickable, so you can view them in a larger size. The charms on this piece are about 1 3/4 inches square.
It turned out great!
Love it! The colors are real stand-outs against the black!
Good morning, Suzanne. You are very clever! I think it would be hard to work with things so small. I noticed a couple of quilts in your pictures. Love the shasta daisy and sunflower. They look very bright and cheerful. It makes me want to go make something quick!
Your 365 day projects are really neat. Didn’t know til today that I could click on them and see them all at once. Great idea!
Pam Patton says
I think your Feb 12×12 is great and I love the experimentation w the charms – well done. Pam P