The last 2 weeks, in list form:
- Pieced, quilted and bound 3 baby quilts (samples for item #3).
- Flew to Salt Lake City
- Filmed an episode of Quilt It! The Longarm Quilting Show for http://www.qnntv.com (I was a last minute replacement for someone who had to drop out.)
- Quilt-shop-hopped my way around the Salt Lake city area with Lynn.
- Visited the Great Salt Lake (hmmm. it was kind of smelly?)
- Ate way too much in Salt Lake City (yum)
- Saw the movie Inception (really good!)
- Flew home (flights were all on time, and nothing went wrong. Yeah!)
- Quilted 2 customer quilts (yeah for my IQ! although…I’m now out of customer quilts that can be done by the IQ, so I have to get off my duff and do them…)
- Watched my boys start learning the joy of Dungeons & Dragons (thanks to their birthday gift from my sister and her husband. Suffice it to say they are pretty thoroughly hooked).
- Applied for and received an extremely part time job as a piano accompanist for a high school 20 minutes away. (OMG, I’m crazy, I know. They are starting rehearsals for South Pacific this week!)
- Um…started yet another new sock (I’ve had trouble with my socks, but this one is going well. Of course, it’s brand-new needles and brand-new yarn that I bought in..yup, Salt Lake City…)
- Oh! Last Saturday was the boys’ first football game of the season: 42-0! Joe made one touchdown, and Will made about a bazillion awesome tackles.
- Started watching episodes of Arrested Development on Netflix. (Funny! It took me a ridiculous amount of time to figure out that Ron Howard was the narrator. Now that I know, it seems so obvious.)
- Tried to keep up with my Feather Boot Camp responsibilities. Flying to SLC put a bit of a cramp in my style, but I think we are back on track, and my students have been very understanding.
- And…..tried to keep up with everything required to keep my family clothed, fed, and relatively out of trouble. Thankfully I have a patient and understanding husband that seems to find my particular brand of insanity charming. I think I’ll keep him.
Right now, what I really want to do is start a brand-new quilt, after visiting so many quilt shops last week, I have a bunch of ideas buzzing.
Either that, or I might go take a nap.