I made something really cute

And I was totally going to post a picture and show it off, only my camera is at the shop, because it has some other pictures on it that I was totally going to download and post about earlier today, only…I forgot.

I’d grab Mark’s camera, but I have the worst luck with that piece of crap, so, you’ll just have to wait in eager anticipation, knowing that I have some really cute things to share.

I’ll even write myself a note, so that I can hopefully remember.  I’ve not been having a lot of luck with making Mental Notes.

Here’s a question for you:  I just watched the movie Miss Congeniality (yes, I’m WAY behind the times…), and I really enjoyed it.   I could go ask Netflix for recommendations of movies, but I thought I’d poll the peanut gallery for some of your favorite romantic comedies from the last few years.  Any suggestions??

I have to watch romantic comedies by myself.  It’s not so much that Mark refuses, it’s just that they put him to sleep, and there’s really no point in him even bothering.

Speaking of sleep, I really ought to go to bed, but I’m sporting a really wicked cough, and am not really looking forward to trying to sleep.  Mark’s not really looking forward to it, either.  He is a pretty sound sleeper, but…

I have to say, though, there is nothing worse than laying in bed, wanting (needing!) to go to sleep, and listening to your husband breathing the slow…deep…breathing…of someone who is soundly asleep.  He doesn’t really snore, but sometimes he’ll be in a position where his slow…deep…breathing…is sort of snore-like and…I’ve never actually considered smothering him, but…it’s tempting.  Thankfully, nudging works, and I only feel the tiniest bit of guilt for doing so.

OK, leave me your movie suggestions, and I promise to share some fabric and yarn cuteness tomorrow.  If I can remember my name by then.

This entry was posted in Other.

10 comments

1. Eileen says:

The Proposal (another Sandra Bullock) is a really cute romantic comedy ~ with the added bonus of a really funny character done by Betty White!
    Serendipity with John Cusak (offbeat rom-com but very sweet).
    Believe it or not, The Wedding Singer with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore is sweet ~ and it is dead-on in the portrayal of 80s pop culture.
    And how about Music and Lyrics with Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant.
    Hope this helps!

2. Judy W says:

Such a tease without picutes!!!!!

I have no movie suggestions, as I rarely sit still long enough to actually watch a movie. That’s usually done only when Mike is actually home and he picks which means it would never be a romantic comedy…more like a sci-fi or war flick….. yuck!

But I get it about that deep breathing, almost snoring…..yep, no guilt at all about a little nudge….after all we need our sleep too! LOL

3. Liz A. says:

I was surprised, my husband actually liked Miss Congeniality — it must have been Sandra Bullock. Mama Mia, Julie & Julia (not really a romantic comedy but worth watching), Made of Honor, The Wedding Planner, Must Love Dogs, The Bucket List (not a romance, but good movie), Secret Life of Bees (again, not really a romantic comedy)

4. Sonya says:

Drew Barrymore — Ever After, Never Been Kissed, Music & Lyrics.

Meg Ryan — Kate & Leopold (I love time travel movies!), IQ, You’ve Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle,

Julia Roberts — Notting Hill, Runaway Bride

Julia Stiles — The Prince and Me

Sandra Bullock — While You WEre Sleeping, Proposal, Two Weeks Notice

Reece Witherspoon — Just LOike Heaven, Sweet Home Alabama

Amanda Bynes — Sydney White, What a Girl Wants, She’s the Man

Cary Grant & Myrna Loy — The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer

Kate Hudson — How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

5. Terri says:

Hope Floats, While You Were Sleeping, Sleepless in Seattle, Love Actually, The Holiday, Bringing up Baby, Philadelphia Story (Grant, Hepburn and Stewart), It Happened One Night…sigh

6. Linda Card says:

Return to Me with Dave Duchevny and Minny Driver. Have Kleenex close by in the beginning. It is a feel good movie once you get past the first part.

Comments are closed.