Caron tagged me a couple of days ago, and I’ve been meaning to respond:
The trouble is that I don’t know what other random things to tell on myself, since I tell you a lot of random things anyway.
Here are the rules for being tagged:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Put the rules on the blog.
3. Write 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment.
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.
Before I try 6 new things, here are previous posts in this vein: random things about reading, quadruple tagged,and weird things. Ironically, that last one talks about how I don’t like tomatoes, which we all know has actually changed. Sort of.
6 Random about me:
I find that I do better when I have a sort of theme that I’m trying to stick to, so this time I’m going to mention 6 random musically themed factoids about myself:
1. I took piano lessons for 10 years from Mrs. Nolan.
2. I almost quit because when we moved from Robin Hood Drive to Seabury Avenue. The piano was so cruddy that it wasn’t allowed in the new house. It was left in the garage, and let me tell you: it gets damn cold in the garage in the winter in Connecticut. Needless to say, I had no desire to practice and nearly quit all together.
3. We did get a new piano, and the piano my family purchased is the one that I have in my home now. It’s a beautiful baby grand Baldwin that spent it’s first summer of life at Tanglewood (an estate/music venue in Massachusetts that hosts a summer musical festival).
4. In high school I made the All-State Choir 3 times.
5. I started college as a vocal music major at Ithaca College in New York.
6. I frequently have a song running in my head, whether I want it there or not (aka an earworm). My current earworm is Oh What a Beautiful Morning from Oklahoma. I try not to share my earworms very often, but sometimes I can’t resist the urge to share my torture with others.
Now, step 4 & 5 of this meme state that I’m supposed to tag others and let them know they’ve been tagged. I prefer to subscribe to the self-serve tagging philosophy, so if you are reading this and want to play along, consider yourself tagged. Just remember to tell me when you’ve posted your list, so I can come read about you.
Hope you are having a great Monday!