Why is it?

Why is it that when I have a dish full of pins, the pin that I consistently pull out is the one that is bent?

Why is it that I don’t just take the bent pin(s) out of the container so that I can’t grab them at all?

These are just a few of life’s mysteries, I suppose.

7 comments

1. leahsgarden says:

Yeah… bad pins magnet to me too. I was stabbing a seam several times over trying to get the darn pin in, then it crossed my mind to look at the tip. Only there wasn’t any tip. I couldn’t have stabbed myself with it if I tried. šŸ˜›

Then a few pins later, I came across this really bent one. Who knows what caused it. And I used it twice before I had enough brains to throw it away with the tipless one. šŸ™‚

(Don’t worry, I actually store all my bad pins and dull needles in a bottle, and in 20 years when I fill it up, I’ll throw it away).

2. Kim W says:

I have that issue too. I also couldn’t figure out why there would be tons of pins on the floor when I use my magnet. Well, the cats will take the pins off the magnet and put them on the floor. I now have to store the magnet in a drawer when I am not using them.

3. Lynn Douglass says:

Had to laugh at this one! I just went out and bought a new box of pins for piecing and for my quilting, and I actually tossed out a bunch of bent ones! That was really hard for me, for some reason!

4. Mary says:

I don’t know but when I was trying to jab a dull one through a seam last night I realized that I haven’t replaced my pins since my move a year ago. I think it’s time to spend a few dollars for a new set. I also just changed my rotary cutting blade. Is there anything nicer than having sharp pins and new blade in the rotary cutter?

5. jrdesigns says:

That is a good question —- I do the same thing. Probably the same reason I will use a dull rotatry blade to “saw” through fabrics when I have a brand new 5 pack of blades in the cupboard.

6. Deb Levy says:

I had that same issue today. I didn’t think about it at the time, but do ya know I put them back in the bowl?! So tomorrow I’ll be picking them up again! How dumb is that!

7. Suzanne says:

Ah yes, the dull rotary blade. Unfortunately, I too am horrible about replacing mine. I don’t know why, because I know just how nice a new one is.

Well, at any rate, I’m glad it’s not just me with the pin thing. My container for old sharps is overflowing, I should probably figure out what to do with that here sometime soon. AFter I add some more bent ones to it, though………

Comments are closed.