Catching up on old topics

These pictures were taken long, long ago, but I still wanted to post them:

QOVs

First up are several QOVs that have gotten worked on recently. The first is one that I pieced awhile back, with grand intentions for applique and really fancy quilting. I lost interest, and when I ran out of time to piece something new in order to fulfill my obligation to the quarterly Quilt Studio challenge, I decided that this would be perfect. It’s red, white and blue, without being overtly patriotic, and it’s nice and girly, which fits the fact that this quarters challenge was to make QOVs suitable for Female soldiers.

dsc02421.jpg

It is quilted and bound, and just needs a label and a wash. I don’t know if the quilting shows up that well, it’s a design from my first book:

dsc02423.jpg

Next up is a QOV that was pieced by Marty. If you visit Marty’s blog you’ll see other pictures, she has it back and is working on binding it:

dsc02418.jpg

I used a gold Arc poly thread — it reads as almost metallic, which I thought matched the metallic accents in the Laurel Burch fabric.

I’ve quilted 2 other QOVs recently, but don’t have pictures of either of them.  It felt good to load these up and get them done — the quilting went really fast on all 4.  I think that the week I worked on these, I managed to actually get the 4 QOVs done, plus a customer quilt, plus 2 other small quilts that just needed fast quilting.

ABC Round Robin 

I fell behind on the altered book round robin project that I’m a member of.  For one thing, I got carried away with quilting (see above), and then when I started to work on a page for the book, I discovered that I had picked a letter that was already taken and I had to start from scratch. And this occurred the day that we lost Toby, which was 2 days before I was to leave for my 2 weeks of quilt show fun.

So.  Last week, when I was home for 2 days, I was able to get this page spread done:

dsc02442.jpg

The daisy was done using a piece of interfacing, a layer of background fabric and then the petals and center.  I turned the edges of the background fabric to the back to get a nice neat edge.  The fiber piece was stitched to the background paper before the whole thing was glued into the book.  The quotation was printed on vellum which I inserted by folding over about a half an inch flap, which got anchored in behind the scrapbook paper that I glued into the book.

Here’s a close-up of the daisy and the stitching/beading that I did to embellish it:

dsc02443.jpg

Well, I think that catches up the quilt and/or art related items of interest.  I’m still behind on my 12x12x12 journal pieces (what happened to May?  And where has June gone?).   I did get my Longarm Round Robin quilt back, but it still needs to have the outer border quilted and I’m not sure when I’ll get to that….

I took a 2 hour nap today — I hit a wall and could go no further.  Three hours later, I’m still feeling awfully groggy.  I may have to go to bed early tonight…

I did not take my camera to either of the quilt shows I was at, but tomorrow I will try to post a few thoughts on everything I did and saw over the last 2 weeks.

TTFN-

Suzanne

3 comments

  1. Vicki W says:

    I can’t believe you got all of this done with everything else you’ve been doing! Love the QOVs and the page. Don’t push too hard – give yourself a few days to rest.

  2. serendipityquilting says:

    OK… I am once again in awe at how much you get done with your time. And it’s quality work, not just get’r done work. I hope you found time to get your nap in so you don’t burn out. I love the daisy!

Comments are closed.