Looking for instructions

I’m looking for instructions on how to make something.  The problem is, I don’t know what this thing is called.

I remember them from school — you fold a piece of paper a certain way, and then write letters and colors and numbers on certain parts of the paper, and then on the inside different messages.

After it’s all made, you fold it up and put it on your fingers, and then your victim is prompted to choose a letter and then you open that section and keep going until you reach a message on the inside.

Anybody?  I’d Google for it, but I don’t even know what I’d be Googling for!  The boys want to make them, and have seen them on TV shows, but haven’t seen them in person before. It’s probably been 20 years since I’ve seen one.

Our eternal gratitude to the kind soul that knows what we are talking about….


  1. Helen says:

    I remember those things! We had them here in Australia too! Lots of fun! Weird to think they are called “fortune folded paper” as we didn’t have a name for them either. đŸ™‚

  2. Patti says:

    We called them fortune tellers. Loved to make them!

    I just recently got your new book. Love it! I still consider myself a beginner even though I’ve had my machine for 2 1/2 years. You make all these complicated designs look simple, and give me confidence that I can suceed doing them.

Comments are closed.