How Much Pink?

Is too much Pink???

I’ve been in a very pink mood this week apparently.

Dscf00011

Here it is:  the quilt I bought the fabric for last Wednesday.  It is now quilted, and waiting a binding decision.  Dark pink?  Green?

And a name — any suggestions?  How about this:  I’ll send a small quiltlet (made with scraps from the quilt) to the person that helps me name this quilt.  Leave your ideas in the comments or send me an e-mail.

Dscf00021

All photos are clickable — so you can view the full-size photo.  The batting is Quilters Dream Poly (white), and the thread is a pink ARC Poly.   I love having 288 colors of ARC poly to choose from — I’m bound to have just the right thing….

Dscf00041

In honor of all of this pinkness, today’s small art piece says it all:

Day32_1

I hope this little bit of Spring-like pinkness brightens your day — hopefully Mr. Ground Hog will be in a Spring-like mood tomorrow, too.

13 comments

1. Lynn says:

I love this quilt, Suzanne! I can’t believe you whipped it out so fast! Okay, now I’m inspired to go and work on the one spread all over my table. It’s been in the UFO stage for far too long. I think you should bind it in green. My suggestion for the name is All Decked Out For Spring.

smooch,

me

2. Sus says:

Think’in Pink
    Strawberry Souffle
    Tender Blushes
    Peppermint Blush

I must stop –now I have peppermint ice cream on the brain!

3. Beth says:

That is just LOVELY! I am now inspired to cut up some of my FQ packs that I have been waiting for just the right design to make, I think I have now found just the right design!!! The lime green is perfect as the inner border!! I would definately bind in the green to bring it all together! And the quilting….All I can say is WOW….one day I hope to be able to feather at least 1/2 that well! You are an inspiration!

4. Vicki says:

I still can’t believe yo got this done in less than a week! Amazing! I love it. If mine, I would do a green binding. I’ll have to give the names some thought – after caffeine…..

5. Amy says:

green binding – in lime!

Pink Lemonade! Or Tropical Punch

(I got the orange blossom quilts yesterday, you did a great job with the quilting!)

6. Tina says:

Hey Suzanne, are you quick or what? The quilt is cute and happy. I think you should call it Strawberry Daquiri, and bind it in green. I love, love, love the little pink art piece. It’s terrific!!

Have a great day!

7. Vicki says:

After caffeine and a bit of pondering, here are a few suggestions:

I decided to look for inspiration from other artists. Two that came to mind are Pink and Pink Floyd. So I looked up their albums and songs and here are a few that might work for your quilt:

From Pink Floyd:
    Any Color You Like
    Another Brick in the Wall

From Pink:
    Is it Love?
    Dear Diary

I really like “Another Brick in the Wall” because this quilt was another step into your quilting art and the quilting looks like a sample for your new book – so it’s another page in the book!

Disclaimer – I don’t know what ANY of the song lyrics are and whether they are appropriate for naming a quilt!!

8. Junott says:

Ooo…this is so sweet to look at, it reminded me of peppermints too.

I think someone has already said “Tickled Pink”…so I vote for that.

This quilt makes me smile.

Junott