I have been tagged by my friend CarlaB to do the 6 Weird Things Meme. So, here goes nothing:
1. I have one near-sighted eye and one far-sighted eye. Neither is terribly bad, but I get horrible headaches when I don’t wear my glasses. I have discovered over time that this situation has had an effect on my depth perception — I can judge short distances — I know what a 1/4 inch seam looks like — and I’m OK driving. But, I’m unable to judge long distances very well — my DH will say that something is about a football field long, and I’m just lost.
2. I don’t like tomatoes. Neither does my husband, his sister, or her husband. My poor gardening mother-in-law. It doesn’t bode well for the grandkids, either.
3. I can’t cross stitch with a hoop. I have to have the fabric right in my hand. I know, that’s probably not weird to most normal people, but I think it’s pretty weird in the world of stitching.
4. One of my favorite jobs (and my first…) was shelving books in a public library. I loved that job. I used to know the Dewey Decimal System by heart.
5. I have to eat bananas cut up. I gag if I try to eat them straight out of the peel. I swear I take small bites, but it never fails to happen. I love to eat bananas, but they just have to be cut up!
6. I was born in Ames, Iowa, where my parents met when going to Iowa State. My mom grew up in Iowa, and thought she’d always live here. My Dad was in the Navy, and after graduation, they promptly left the state to live elsewhere for many years. I went back to Ames, to attend ISU myself, with the intention of leaving the state as soon as I graduated and went looking for a job. My senior year I was set up on a blind date with my future husband. He grew up in the small town that we now live in.
I’m not sure if that last one is weird or just ironic, but it’ll have to do.
If anybody else does (or has already done) the meme, leave me a note so I can come read your answers.